CreditIQ, LLC (“CreditIQ” “we” “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and the information that you have entrusted to us. This Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) describes our information handling practices in connection with the website located at www.creditiq.com and any other websites owned or operated by CreditIQ (“Site”), and any other services offered by CreditIQ (“Service”).
This Privacy Notice does not describe CreditIQ’s collection, use, and disclosure of information through means other than the Site (e.g., off-line), the use of the Service, or the collection, use and disclosure practices of any affiliate or other third parties. For more information on a third party’s information collection, use, and disclosure practices, please review the privacy notice on the applicable third party’s websites. Also, please note that the Site and/or Service may contain links to other websites. CreditIQ is not responsible for the websites, content, or privacy practices of any third party. Please see the privacy policies of these third-party websites to understand their practices for handling your information.
By using the Site and the Service, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to this Privacy Notice and expressly consent to CreditIQ’s data processing as described below. You additionally agree that you are subject to the Privacy Notice for California Residents as well as the CreditIQ Terms and Conditions.
This Privacy Notice is divided into sections as described:
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Personal Information Retention
- External Links
- Your State Privacy Rights
- Notice to California Residents
- Notice to Canadian Residents
- Notice to European Residents
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
- Contact Information
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information we collect about you:
We may collect both “non-personal”, “personal”, and “sensitive” information from you when you interact with our Site and Service. For purposes of this notice:
“Non-Personal Information” refers to information that may not by itself be reasonably associated with, linked to, or used to individually identify you or someone else. For example general, non-specific information regarding your use of the Site and Service or derived from the information that you provide to us through the Site and Service.
“Personal Information” refers to information that may be reasonably associated with, linked to, or used to individually identify you or allow you to be personally identified or contacted. For example, Personal Information may include information such as your name, email address, telephone number, address, either alone or in combination with other information.
“Sensitive Personal Information” refers to Personal Information regarding more sensitive areas, such as driver’s license numbers and other government identifiers. Please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents for additional information about the categories of information under Sensitive Personal Information.
We may collect the following information from you:
- Your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and images you select to share with us.
- Your employment information and income.
- Your date of birth, marital status, military status, and/or other financial information.
- Sensitive Personal Information for credit application purposes.
- Usage details, including Google Analytics and Microsoft Clarity, other technical information, and your IP address, when you use our Site.
How we collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including any correspondence or communication with us, such as through e-mail, webforms, or through your use of the Site and/or Service.
- Automatically as you navigate the Site and/or interact with the Service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer. Cookies allow CreditIQ to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. Cookies and web beacons can tell us what you have seen on the Site, which allows CreditIQ to offer you a more diverse selection of advertising information and may also be used together to measure the effectiveness of CreditIQ advertising campaigns. Cookies, web beacons, and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding usage (e.g., what website you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what Service you clicked on). Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by CreditIQ to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You can disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with third-party software packages. If you turn off cookies, many of the Site’s features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding use of our Site and services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of CreditIQ through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to as “Usage Data.”
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a webpage.
- IP Address Logs: CreditIQ also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses – the location of your computer on the internet – and may log device ID and information about your browser or operating system.
- From third parties, such as our business partners, who have a right to provide us with that information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the Non-Personal Information we collect and obtain for any lawful business purpose without any duty or obligation of accounting or otherwise to you, provided that the information remains Non-Personal Information. This will include, by way of example, developing products, services, and other offerings based on the Non-Personal Information and providing those offerings to other users and third parties.
We may use the Personal Information we collect about you for a variety of purposes:
- To communicate and/or respond to you via an e-mail, or particular request from you.
- For product improvement and development purpose, including research and analysis.
- Cookies may also be used to display relevant marketing for our products as you visit other websites.
- To send emails relating to news about our company and various promotions.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service.
- To provide advertising, offers for services, or other offerings that we feel may be of interest to you.
- Calculating estimated financing payment made through Instant Financing
- As otherwise described in this Privacy Notice and/or our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
We may combine and enhance the Personal Information we collect and obtain about you with information we receive from third parties, provided that we use the combined information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Such information may be Non-Personal Information. When we do so, we will take reasonable measures to ensure that the Non-Personal Information is no longer personally identifiable and may not later be reasonably associated with, linked to, or used to identify you. This will include, by way of example, storing the Non-Personal Information separately from any Personal Information. Once we generate Non-Personal Information from any Personal Information, we will not later attempt to again make that information personally identifiable. However, we may combine and enhance that Non-Personal Information with other Non-Personal Information we receive or obtain from third parties.
We will use any Sensitive Personal Information about you that we collect solely in accordance with this Privacy Notice to enable the operation of the and any other services you ask us to provide to you. Note though that CreditIQ is not responsible for monitoring the Sensitive Personal Information you may exchange with third parties or the use of that information by such third parties with whom you share that information.
You should not provide any information to us, whether via the Service or through the Site, unless you agree to the use of that information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose the Non-Personal Information we collect and obtain for any lawful business purpose without any duty or obligation of accounting or otherwise to you, provided that the information remains Non-Personal Information. This will include, by way of example, sharing that Non-Personal Information with third parties.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- When you use the Site and/or Service, we may share information with contractors, service providers, and other third parties that help us provide the Site and/or Service. For example, we may use third parties to: (a) host, maintain, or manage the Services; (b) collect or analyze information; (c) customize or assist us in managing our databases; or (d) provide other services relating to the Service. We require that these third parties agree to use the Personal Information we share with them only to perform their obligations to us, to treat all Personal Information they receive from us as confidential, and to comply with this Privacy Notice.
- We may share Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information that we collect through your use of our Service with third-party service providers. This Privacy Notice does not govern any information you provide directly to a third-party service provider. We may also use third party service provides to collect your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures.
- When you use our Service, we may share collected Personal Information with lending partners or automotive dealerships that utilize our Service.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply any agreement we have with you.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CreditIQ, our customers, or others.
- If we transfer ownership or control of any portion of CreditIQ or the Site and/or Service to a third party, whether or not in the context of an acquisition, merger, or reorganization, we may transfer information to that third party, provided that the use of any of your Personal Information by that third party remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting and securing your Personal Information. We will take all reasonably appropriate steps to ensure the safety and security of your Personal Information. This includes using industry standard security measures (SSL Compliant, PCI Certified) to protect the loss, misuse, and unintended alteration of the Personal Information under our control. We keep your Personal Information physically secure in our data centers, and we use a variety of security measures to ensure that your information is protected. Please keep in mind that despite these measures, we cannot guarantee or warrant 100 percent security of its servers and databases. Moreover, we cannot guarantee that Personal Information that you submit through the Site and/or Service will not be intercepted or otherwise disclosed.
We may release Personal Information when doing so is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others. Information that is not personally identifiable may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other purposes without restriction.
Use of Personal Information: Personal information collected by CreditIQ through your use of the Site, through your providing an email address, or through your providing a mobile number for communications via call, text, or SMS, may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by CreditIQ for any of the following purposes:
- To confirm or fulfill a request that you make (e.g., after usage of our Service, CreditIQ may share your information estimated financing information with our bank lending partners and automotive dealerships).
- To follow up on any request that you have previously made.
- To communicate with you regarding services.
- To send promotional materials, newsletters or other content via email, text message, or otherwise. If you no longer wish to receive a particular email newsletter or other promotion, you must follow the opt-out instructions included in such email newsletters, text messages, and promotions.
- To permit third parties to send you promotional or informational messages. Where contact is via phone or SMS, you affirmatively agree to receive such messages. You agree that the other third-party may use an autodialer to text or call, and that any call may be pre-recorded.
- To improve user experience.
- To manage CreditIQ’s business and its relationships with affiliates, customers, and other third parties to which personal information may be disclosed pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Use of Usage Data: Usage Data is used by CreditIQ for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and other purposes. IP addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Your use of CreditIQ products or services will not be limited if you opt out of receiving telemarketing calls or texts. However, you agree that CreditIQ may send to you, and you do not opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, the status of your application or account, changes to the Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions, as well as communications to confirm, fulfill and follow up on your application registration or a request submitted through the Site.
Third-party service providers may also collect information from your devices and may combine Personal and Non-Personal Information about you with information from other sources including your visits to this and other websites, mobile websites and/or mobile applications across your various devices. These activities may enable them to identify you in order to provide customized experiences and targeted messaging across those various devices.
If you would like to obtain more information about the practices of some of these parties, or if you would like to make choices about their use of your information, please click here:
More information and additional consumer choice options may be found at this link:
Information and additional consumer choice options regarding mobile device tracking may be found at these links:
IDFA limit ad tracking:
AAID reset and opt-out:
Personal Information Retention
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your non-anonymized Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, as required to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, as necessary to resolve disputes, or as otherwise requested by you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider our legal obligations, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. This duration varies based on data type and use, but we have recorded the durations in our internal records and information management policy and schedule.
CreditIQ does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. CreditIQ does not knowingly provide any Personal Information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from visitors younger than 18 years of age. No information should be submitted to CreditIQ by visitors younger than 18 years old.
Where any links found on the Site link to pages not belonging to CreditIQ, those external pages are not governed by this Privacy Notice. Please see the privacy policies of these third-party websites to understand their practices for handling your information.
Your State Privacy Rights
You can control how your information is used in the following ways below in accordance with applicable law including the Colorado Privacy Act, the Connecticut Data Privacy Act, the Utah Consumer Privacy Act, and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act. For California residents, please see the separate Privacy Notice for California Residents. Please note that we may limit the information we provide you, or deny your request, if the access request for information is governed by a superseding federal regulation (ie: GLBA, FCRA, etc).
- Data Access Request. You may request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of Personal Information. We will provide a copy of this information in a standardized and commonly used format.
- Correcting or Deleting your Personal Information. You can review, update and request to change or delete your Personal Information subject to limitations, exceptions or requirements contained within applicable law. We may ask you to verify your identity before we accommodate your request in accordance with applicable law. Upon verifying the validity of a deletion request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, and instruct any service providers or third parties to delete your information, when applicable.
- Opting Out of Communications. Our promotional materials include instructions for opting out of receiving further communications. If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails, you may opt out by contacting us with your request at the contact information listed below. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding an established business relationship, if one has been established. Please allow a reasonable time after reaching out for us to process your request.
- Opting Out of Analytics Tools. You may opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics via Google’s Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means. Please visit policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites for more information on how to do this.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia consumers (as defined by the applicable law) have the right to opt-out of our collection of your personal data for purposes of sale (as defined by the applicable law) that can be exercised by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia consumers (as defined by the applicable law) have the following additional rights:
- The right to opt-out of our collection of your personal data for purposes of profiling.
- The right to appeal the denial of a rights request under applicable law.
Please note that the above rights are not unqualified, we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under applicable law apply.
You may make any of the above requests by emailing email@example.com or calling us at 1.888.977.7773.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as “sales” are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. Nevada residents who nonetheless wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, state law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please visit CreditIQ’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Notice to Canadian Residents
If you are a Canadian resident, federal and provincial law may provide you with additional rights and information regarding our use of your Personal Information.
Transferring Personal Information
We may process, store, and transfer your Personal Information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this notice and applicable Canadian privacy legislation. You are welcome to contact us to obtain further information about our policies regarding service providers outside of Canada.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Site and/or Service, you consent to this transfer, storage, and/or processing.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of your Personal Information in a structured and commonly used format.
If you want to review, verify, or correct your Personal Information you may also send us an email at email@example.com. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the Personal Information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the Personal Information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your Personal Information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your Personal Information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
We have designated a person in charge of the protection of Personal Information. Their contact information can be found in the section Contact Information below.
Notice to European Residents
This Site and Service are intended for use solely in the United States (including its territories and commonwealths) and Canada by U.S. and Canadian residents. We make no claims that the Site and Service are appropriate for use outside of the United States or Canada. CreditIQ does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from residents of the European Union. If you believe that we may have any information from or about an EU resident, please email us at email@example.com. No information should be submitted to CreditIQ by any EU resident.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update and periodically amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice , such changes will be posted on our Site and Service. Your continued use of the Site and Service after any such update indicates your agreement to the same.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Notice, the Privacy Notice for California Residents, the ways in which we collect and use your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under applicable law, please do not hesitate to contact us per the information below.
We have designated a person in charge of the protection of Personal Information. You may contact them at: General Counsel and Compliance Officer – Angelique Strong Marks. Contact: 312.601.5000
You may also mail us with general questions at:
300 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1000
Chicago, IL 60606
Effective Date: January 1, 2023